Carson and I went camping to Kolob Reservoir this week with Megan and Andrew. We had lots of fun, but I learned a few things.
- Camping with a baby girl is a bit tricky if you want to keep her at all clean because it means you can't put her down EVER.
- Cooking pancakes in a dutch oven because you forgot a frying pan is not ideal
- Dutch oven pizza cooks a little too fast if you put it directly on the really hot bed of coals, (Andrew and I will definitely be practicing that one so we don't mess it up next time)
- You should take bug spray when you decided to go on a walk around a lake
- It turns out that walking around Kolob Reservoir is a 4-5 mile hike
- Camping is really FUN, even if it is a lot of work!!!
Alex trying his first s'more, he LOVES marshmallows, but it turns out he prefers just the plain marshmallow to a s'more.
We were up in time to see the sunrise
Alex showing us the mud that he stepped in
cute kids playing in the tent
Man I love these cuties
Alex riding Carson's motorcycle
We sure had a fun time. I hope we get to go many more times this summer.