Thursday, September 25, 2014

Family Reunion

Before I had the babes, my Dad told me that he hoped I would be able to make it to the family reunion over Labor Day weekend. I thought we would still be in the NICU with the babes so there was no way we would make it. But since the babes were so healthy and did not have to spend time in the NICU we were able to make the trip to Moab for the reunion. This year we all met at the Fort in Bluff. I had never been since the fort was built, and I was pleasantly surprised by how cool it was. There were lots of fun things for the kids to do like play dress up, ride wagons, pet the animals, and ride these play horses. As soon as we got there the  babies were wisked away by various aunts and cousins, and I pretty much didn't see them again all day. (Too bad there are not so many people around at night). The babes are so cute, I totally understand why everyone wants to love on them, and I don't mind sharing them one bit. 


So glad we got to see these happy faces,
I am so grateful that I do not have to ride a covered wagon across harsh terrain with triplets.
This cute little Alex head popped up in our pictures. Love him!!!


Adam was nice enough to pull the kids around in the wagon.
I did not take my camera out for the portion of the reunion that we go to the cabins for, but we had fun there too.  My Dad took turns beating us at Checkers, or maybe it  was just me! But he didn't go easy on me like he did with Marie, he must love her more. We got to play a game of settlers, I haven't played in a really long time, but sadly my family did not let me win that either. There was also lots of yummy food, and of course the main event... Cheryl's homemade ice cream!!!

We also had to make a few stops to show the babies off to Great Grandpa Mel and Clara.
I still don't know why we didn't take this little guy home with us so that we would have help at feeding time. He was so happy to help with the babies, and he made me laugh every time he called Korbin "Gordon."
 Megan finally explained to me that he knows the name "Gordon" from "Thomas the Train." Why didn't I think to name all my kids after trains?
I love spending time with family. I am missing them a ton as I write this post. I can't wait to see them all soon.

No comments: