"If you think my hands are full... you should see my heart!"
Some days I feel like all I do is go from one problem to the next, and some days I feel like my only accomplishment was to get dressed and feed my kids. Other days I feel super accomplished about little things like getting the dishes done when in reality all I did was load my breakfast dishes and start the dishwasher that was already loaded, but let me tell you as I push that start button I get great satisfaction.
I have to plan every task out really well because nothing is worse than sitting down to nurse the babes and not having a pacifier or a burp rag nearby, or having Kynlee want apple juice right then. I really regret the days that I neglect separating bottles while the babes were napping, and I have to do it amid a screamfest.
One thing is for sure, I couldn't do it without my amazing husband who is great about helping with everything, and my sweet Kynlee is the nicest girl we could have asked for. Our extended family is also great about helping too. I think I would dread going to church every week if we didn't have Dallen and Shaylee there to help us, and Morgan is great to watch our kids so we can get out every week.
Even with careful planning and lots of help, some days are still really hard. All the books said to get the babies on a good schedule and stick to it. Ok so I really only read 1 book, but that is what it said. Let me tell you I have tried so hard to get the babes on a good schedule, but it seems the babes try just as hard to not stick to a schedule. Have you ever tried to get 3 tiny humans to sleep when they don't want to? Or convince them that they are not hungry yet? It is not fun, and some days the schedule goes out the window as we switch into pure survival mode. So for everyone who asks how I do it, here are a few confessions about my life.
- Kynlee had cheese and jerky for breakfast today while I nursed the babes. She originally asked for a cookie so it could have been worse.
- I have no idea what we are going to have for dinner today.
- There are lots of tears at our house, and some of them even come from the babes.
- Carson takes care of the babes at night way more than I do.
- I am completely smitten by the cuteness of my sweet babes.
- I rarely do my hair anymore.
- I still make my bed every day.
- I get excited about going to church and the grocery store because those are the only times I get out of the house.
- I still get dressed every day, although sometimes it does not happen until noon.
- There is a load of laundry still in the dryer from last Friday.
- We have cereal, soup, and waffles for dinner more than I care to admit.
- I still make time to read a handful of books to Kynlee before her nap.
- My babes wear pajamas about 80% of the time even though they have a closet FULL of cute clothes.
- I love to snuggle a warm baby close to me.
- I rarely clean our bathroom (It may get a little wipedown between cleanings if we are lucky).
- Some weeks the most exciting thing Kynlee does is ride in the laundry basket while I pull it around the house.
- I get to kiss squishy baby cheeks all day long.
- My kitchen floor almost always needs mopped. It is currently very sticky with what I thought was water when I half-heartedly wiped it up last night but turned out to be apple juice.
- I am training to run in a half marathon next month.
- I am lucky to get 3 or 4 workouts in a week.
- I love to watch my kids sleep.
- My clothes usually have spit up or spilled milk somewhere on them.
- Sometimes I just fix Kynlee's hairstyle that we neglected to take out the night before and call it good for the day.
- I may or may not do this with my hair from time to time.
- I managed to find time to sew myself a dress last week (I thought I would never sew again when I found out I was having triplets)
- I think I have the cutest kids in the world. I am not bias or anything.
- Some days my arms get tired from pacing the house holding 2 or more fussy babies.
- I make a fool of myself singing silly songs and dancing to make my babes happy,
- My 2 year old tells me to stop singing.
- We only bathe our kids twice a week whether they need it or not. Who am I kidding? They always need it, in fact they are usually well past due for a bath, but it is quite the endeavor to bathe all 4 of our kids so we only take it on twice a week.
- My babes only like to take about a 30-40 minute afternoon nap. It makes for a very long afternoon.
- I use chocolate to help get me through every afternoon until daddy comes home.
- I feel like part of a circus train whenever we go anywhere in public.
- We get stares like we are a circus train whenever we go anywhere in public.
- I am letting my 2 year old watch episode after episode of Peppa Pig while I write this post.
- Some days I feel like a complete failure.
- I love my kids more than anything, and I wouldn't have life any other way!