Thursday, June 16, 2011

I love being a twin!! Always have!!! Always will!!! People used to ask Megan and I if we liked being twins, and if you really think about it, we can't really answer that question objectively since we have never not been twins. But even if I had ever experienced not being a twin, I think I would still say I love being a twin. Think about it, I have someone to share clothes with (especially a bonus if like me, you don't think you have the best fashion sense in the world). I always have someone to talk to and hang out with. Someone who's opinion I trust about movies, books, recipes ect.... And most importantly I have one of the best BEST friends anyone could ask for.

We have always been linked in a special way. We did not share a bedroom when we were in high school, but still if Megan couldn't sleep, neither could I. Even as Megan and I grow up, and start to separate our lives, we go and marry guys with practically the same last name (as if having our husbands mix us up isn't enough). And Carson will tell you how annoying it is to have your wife get carsick everywhere you go because her twin sister is pregnant (so glad that is over).

When we were in high school Megan and I used to pack the same track clothes to work out in, so then when we got out on the field we not only looked alike, but we were dressed alike. Funny how no one believes that it was totally not planned. Well we had another one of those moments today. Carson and I headed over to Megan and Andrew's for a presentation...and as soon as I walked in the door I noticed that Megan and I were wearing the same shorts.



Maybe she doesn't LOVE being twins with me though, because right after the picture was taken she ran upstairs to change her clothes so that we would not be wearing the same thing during the presentation.

Oh well I still love being a twin!!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I believe the first thing you said to me after I opened the door was "shoot, go change."
I love being a twin too!

The Gillen's said...

haha. I love this!