Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yellowstone

Carson and I got to go to Yellowstone for the family reunion on his mom's side. I love getting together with family!! It is always interesting to observe the unique personalities of everyone in a family. For example, Grandma is determined to see everything, I hope I still have that much energy and drive when I am her age. Danny gets really grouchy when he has to ride in a car for 2 days straight. Dallen however can sleep for hours in a car.Traveling with family also get interesting, because no matter how well intended everyone is to keep to the schedule, it always takes longer than planned to load everyone in the cars, even if they were ready on time. One thing that saved the day however was a little book called, "Chicken in the Headlights" (the audio version of course). I was nervous about bringing it along because I knew that if a certain member of the family did not like it, they would not let me hear the end of it. Luckily everyone loved it, and we were even able to lend it to another family, and they also loved it. So if you want some lighthearted fun on a long road trip, you should definitely listen to this book, the narrator does such a good job. Anyway we saw lots of stinky geysers, buffalo, and elk. Unfortunately no bears or moose decided to grace us with their presence. Though we did see plenty of stuffed ones in Jackson Hole, along with lots of other cool things like fossils, wood carvings, and raccoons in canoes. We even got to go to a cowboy ranch dinner, and though the yodeling was not really our taste, other parts of the show were great.




Some of the many buffalo that we saw.




Old Faithful!!
Playing football with the cousins.


Jackson Hole



Before we left if I would tell anyone that I was going to Yellowstone they would say, "Oh yeah Yellowstone is great." I started to get the feeling that I was one of the few people in the world who had never been to Yellowstone. Now I can officially say that I have been to Yellowstone, and yes it is lots of fun.

No comments: